Monday, November 26, 2012

TAYLOR AND THE RADIO

As Taylor spoke, my mind went elsewhere. I know I should have been listening, but it had been a morning. Just above our conversation, humanoids were tethering people and pulling them around what used to be my neighborhood. It was hard to focus....

"Ed... Mr. Ed.... MR. EDDIE!!" Taylor brought me back. "I took it off as soon as they turned away." She said. I didn't have the slightest idea of what she was talking about. "I'm sorry, again. Can you say it again please." She sighed. "My wrist, like I said before, it started clinging itself to my wrist like a... a.... a centipede gripping to your skin." I was still clueless. "RECEPTION." She said. "As soon as the horns came, hundreds of military men in trucks, tanks, buses and white vans all showing the ASMZ logo walked in our homes... didn't you hear 'anything' I've been saying?" She was offended. As she should be. I was just.... gone.

She explained to me that the horns, were the loud sounds I heard in the air. I thought they were HUM BLASTS of some kind, but from what Taylor says, they were soothing to everyone close. She had her earphones in listening to music when they entered her house. So she didn't get the full effect of whatever frequency was being broadcast in the air. Her family was at work, and she still doesn't know where they are. She was drug out into the street and her headphones were ripped off. As soon as she heard the sound, she was filled with a warmth inside like she's never known. She said it made her.... satisfied? But like I said before, she is one of us without knowing it. She took the few seconds she had to notice her surroundings. All the officers had yellow earplugs in, and were protected. After the initial shock the people had from being drug kicking and screaming into the street, they got up to their feet and looked happy to cooperate. Taylor went on by saying that officers put the RECEPTION band around their wrist and were pointed in a direction. The people did happily, smiling and holding hands. The officers talked out loud between vehicles and Taylor reported them saying that they were looking for LORD MICAH. She said they were questioning everyone about him, with a smile.

But the calmness of the take over was short lived. People started rebelling. Especially the youth. People that noticed what was going on screamed in resistance. "RUN RUN RUN RUN" is what Taylor reported hundreds of people saying in a matter of minutes. The officer that put the RECEPTION band on her wrist was immediately distracted and she ripped it off, preventing it to lock to her. 

I could see the parallel lines of red dots where she ripped it off. The yellow light wasn't helping at all in the room we were talking in. I couldn't be too picky at a time like this though. 

She ran to the corner of her house and hid to give her time to think. People that wore the RECEPTION band started turning, and yelling at everyone that rebelled. Then more loud horns came. Those were the sounds that I heard up top. It really did sound like a lawn mower. A low, rattling hum. At this point she said, "EVERYONE WENT MAD." 

Taylor said, "I left the corner of my house and ran to the back where the gate was open. I got on top of the dog house and jumped over the fence where I landed in the alley. There was just horn sound after horn sound. The screaming of people blurred together and it sounded like a stadium or a t.v. on a channel with just white snow on the screen. I started running east toward the freeway to try to get to higher ground and looked behind me. There were people rolling on top of people Eddie. Everyone with the RECEPTION bands turned on their neighbors and attacked with out warning. There was gun shots everywhere as I ran and I was too afraid to stop. I just kept running."

Her eyes, started watering. 

"A truck pulled in front of me and I ran into it hurting my leg. A lady got out of the drivers side and ran around to me. There were so many people coming, if we'd have stayed there one more minute we would have been swallowed by the hoard. I opened the door to get in, but the driver pulled me out hard and it surprised me. She was wearing the RECEPTION. She screamed at me and started flailing her hands wildly at me. I could tell she didn't really know what she was doing, but if there were 2 or 3 more of these crazies on me, I wouldn't have survived. I punched her twice in the face and once in the throat, dropping her. The hoard was right at my feet. I climbed inside the truck, slammed the door and drove in this direction. That's when my tire exploded. I drove underneath HWY 45 trying to get to the water, hoping that CLEAR LAKE would be safe... well, safer if I made it to a boat. But everywhere I drove, There were people running, screaming, fighting, and killing. I would have loved to see a zombie. But I didn't see any until the truck wouldn't drive anymore. Sparks were rooster tailing behind me and everyone was coming at me. Well, it seemed they were coming at me. I don't really think people knew what they were going too or running from to tell you the truth. But I had to run too. I jumped out of the truck and ran. People started passing me, behind me, in front of me. It felt like I was in a fast paced marathon. So many people around me. And some of them were dropping with gunshots to the back or the head. Through the mass of people I could see homes with piles propped up on one side. I was entering your neighborhood and didn't know it. The ground started feeling weird and I had to start stepping up, but I didn't have time to look down. I just didn't want to get trampled. I stumbled and fell, noticing that my hands were touching shingles. I kept pushing my legs and arms to crawl forward but was picked up by a man. He had me in his arms. And the next thing I knew, that guy... Micah was pulling me down into your basement... bomb shelter.... whatever."

My mouth was wide open.

"Anyway," Taylor said. "I hadn't ever heard of Lord Micah until then. And while you were asleep, I was told to make myself at home. I saw a computer sitting, and thought to check my emails hoping to contact my parents. I didn't know it was...... Armageddon. What I 'did' find though, was a message by Lord Micah.. the guy that's just in the other room..." She had a frank look on her face. 

I had her show me the message Lord Micah left. I don't think anyone here, or anywhere knew that Micah worked for the ASMZ. Or if he still has ties to them. Aside from him saying he doesn't have any 'alegiance' to them... there's a chance Taylor's right. 

Is Lord Micah leading us into a trap? The path he's chosen isn't the safest, but the 7 soldiers are going along with it. I'm lost. My new body guard 'GAS' seems o.k. with things too. Great... now my head hurts.

Taylor went back to doing what she was before she was called in to see me. I was rubbing my temples, trying to get rid of a massive and immediate headache. 

Just then... our radio came alive. In a dark corner, our receiver started crackling and making noise. Our cell phones hadn't worked since the day before yesterday so communication with 'ANYONE' was important. My son Forrest rushed in to the room, sat down, turned the volume up and picked up the mic. 

--THIS IS ENDER115 WITH THE HOUSTON ZFC. IS ANYONE THERE? OVER
--IS THIS LINE SECURE? OVER
static
--HOUSTON ZFC THIS IS ENDER115....OVER
--I SAID, IS THIS LINE SECURE? OVER
--YES, THE LINE IS SECURE. IDENTIFY YOURSELF. OVER

More people gathered into the room to hear the conversation.

--ENDER115 HUH? GLAD YOUR STILL ALIVE. OVER
--AGAIN, IDENTIFY YOURSELF. OVER
--YOUR FATHER
static
--SAID
static

"I think we lost him dad." My son started to take the headphones off.

More static came back fusing into voice. Forrest secured his headphones again.

--YOUR FATHER SAID YOU WERE A FIGHTER, I GUESS HE WAS RIGHT. OVER
--TRANSMISSION WILL BE TERMINATED IF YOU DON'T ID YOURSELF, LAST WARNING. OVER
--ITS LOKEY AND THE REST OF THE ZFC. OVER
--MINUS RAMBO static I MEAN JOSHUA. OVER
--WERE 2 MILES NORTH WEST OF YOUR POSITION NOW OFF I45. OVER
--WE'LL MEET YOU THERE IN TWO DAYS. LOOK FOR LOTS OF DEAD BODIES. YOU'LL FIND US. OVER

transmission lost

Everyone turned to look at me.

 I turned to look at Lord Micah.







No comments:

Post a Comment