Saturday, February 25, 2012

THE WOODEN SHACK

Sorry its been so long since my.... 'our' last post. Things heat up here at home just as they do for our crew in Africa. Sometimes I wonder if this is all worth it you know? We don't even make a bleep on their radar system as far as damage is concerned. We are just another resistance group, trying to survive. Maybe that's a good thing though right? Maybe they wont even see us coming... maybe.

Well, let me jump in head first and get to whats going on. As you know, our finest are in Africa. Last we heard was, they were hiding in a shed with some sounds coming from outside. Since Joshua's post, I had another message. This time it was from X.

"You know, in a country that is as old as Africa, you'd think that they'd have a better hold on their own government. And if its not the government that attacked us, which I think they did, then the ASMZ is more affiliated here than where we come from. The frequency blasts from the helicopters are still with me. I'm not telling the other two a-holes that I still feel nauseous. If I could just get them to trust me and let me help them we'd all get along better. Back home the kids don't give me half as much grief as these two yahoos. They are bigger though, and faster. So I need them as much as they need me. So far they've had me do the dirty work. Places that they wouldn't fit, and to carry some extra crap Joshua picked up along the way. Hes got some contacts out here, I'll hand him that. Me and STAR didn't know what to think when his buddies showed up with all this heavy ass artillery. Some of this stuff is as big as I am. I thought we were supposed to be traveling light?? Whats the deal Eddie? Did you know about this rendezvous?

I am glad we have the extra gear though. His buddies were sketchy looking peeps, and they weren't willing to stick around. The tall one kept calling me HOT ROD. If I see him again...well, I just don't like that dude.

We found this shed that we hid in for a while. Taking a break, running from GOD know what. Zombies, HUM ATTACKS, the ASMZ, the heat..... whats next? Aliens coming to take the last bit of life we have here on earth?! Good grief. So, were in this shed till the sun goes down and we start to hear people talking outside. We weren't sure if they were looking for us, if it was JIG or who it could be? So we stayed put and listened. There were 3 distinct voices, talking. The talking escalated to arguing, finally shouting, fighting. We heard them swapping punches while the third voice was quietly yelling for them to "STOP, OR THEY'LL HEAR US."

Well, they did hear them. The fighting continued. "Oh... stop... stop!!!" The third voice whispered loudly. "I see them, they're coming!" His voice turned to a whimper, then a scream. "AAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!" Gun shots started blasting from the fully automatic weapons they were carrying. We all dropped to the floor as bullets started piercing the walls around us. I haven't heard this kind of action since MW3 back home. Damn I'm good at that game.

The front door started shaking. Somebody knew we were in there. "Let me in PLEEEEAAAAASE!!!" The voice was heavily African accented. Hard to make out. Probably why we couldn't tell what they were arguing about. Then the door stopped moving. All the screaming stopped. Just the hollow, dry, evil sounds of the zombies looking for scraps outside. I looked around the room. Joshua had his ear to the wall. STAR was sitting Indian Style in the corner cleaning the blades of her Kitana Sword with a silk cloth. She's a trip. Have I already said that?

We waited an hour or so. Listening. Waiting. We heard nothing. Joshua creeped over to the door which now had everything we could find in front of it. Old wooden tables and chairs. I think if I really wanted to get in here I could. This stuff was old man. Quietly we moved things out of the way. Joshua peeked out and saw the expected. Two bodies ripped to shreds out in the open. Now, it was pitch black except for the full moon. We all stepped out. The Carcasses shimmered in the moonlight. Rib cages, half gnawed bodies just waiting for the African wildlife to come take them home to share with their hungry families. With both blades drawn, STAR said, "Nothing" and turned to go back in. From underneath the second step, out reached a bloody hand and grabbed STAR on the ankle. Without blinking she swung once with her blade, jumped off the steps and took a fight stance, ready for battle. The hand twitched on the step.

We heard whimpering under the steps. It wasn't zombie whimpering, more like.... real dude whimpering. I squinted and saw a man underneath the steps, crouched down in the dark. Joshua ran over and grabbed the man by his leg and drug him out. "Inside!" Joshua whispered loudly. We all entered the shack backwards. Joshua pinched the man on his ear and pulled him in, with his gun aimed to the darkness.

Now with one less hand, the man was shaking and going into shock. "Its in the bottom" the man kept saying. We looked at STAR. She was in the corner again, cleaning off her sword. Joshua and I tried to get him to talk more but his tremors were taking over. He fell over and cuddled on the floor. "What? Whats in the bottom.... the bottom of what?" Joshua and I started wrapping his wrist up to keep him from bleeding out to death. I was wiping the blood off his arm when I noticed a tattoo. UK ZFC FF. Joshua and I looked at the tat. Then looked at each other.

"He's ZFC from the UK?!?" We both whispered at the same time. We looked down and the man stopped trembling. He was dead. The trauma took over and he must have had a heart attack or maybe he bled out. Joshua insisted that we put him outside. His logic was that if anyone knew there were three ZFC'ers from the UK here, they would be looking for all three... dead or alive. I thought he had a good point, so we drug his body across the floor, and quietly opened the door to put him out with the rest of the fallen.

"Legs first" I said. We got behind the body and started to shove him out. We heard a loud, dry roar. The body tugged quickly like a fish does on your line. Joshua and I looked at each other quickly. The second tug ripped the body completely out of our grasp, flinging the door wide open. The two half eaten corpses on the ground were now vicious, hungry flesh eaters. The body was pulled so hard, it was flung at least 15 feet from the steps out into the darkness. Two zombies looked directly at us with their black eyes and hissed loudly with that black mucousy puss that oozed from their mouth nose and eyes. I turned around and STAR was squatted in the middle of the shack, picking frantically at the floor. Blood all the way up to her elbows. "I almost got it" she kept saying.

Joshua and I took aim and both fired one round, blowing the head off the two hissing zombies. Then from out of the dark came the third. Running like a wild man at us. "I GOT IT" STAR screamed. We turned around and Star was standing in the center of the floor, where a trap door opened up. There was the wooden flooring she found, then lifted it up to find a metal door. We slammed the door just in time to feel the zombie smash up against the other side. It took all three of us to open the heavy metal door that led downward into the darkness.

Now, we are in the second room. The first had a pull switch light, that exposed old wooden tables piled with potatoes and carrots. I will fill you in as we go. It might be another day till I have time. Joshua or STAR might get ahold of you as well. Were safe. So.....Tag. Your it.

Give us your news Eddie.

X OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment